Single Music Stand
44 x 18.25 x 20 inches
Collection of the Wharton Esherick Museum
Images courtesy of Eoin O’Neill
This Single Music Stand was made in 1951 for cellist Rose Rubinson, a major Esherick patron who, along with her husband Nathan, commissioned numerous works for their home in the Philadelphia suburbs. The design was so popular that Esherick immediately had requests from other musicians for similar stands; to accommodate their desire for a lower price point, a small production run was made.